activemq-users mailing list archives

From CK <...@ridgecrestfinancial.com>
Subject C# client slows down when receiveing messages
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:41:23 GMT

Hi,

I have developed a C# windows client which receives messages from a producer
built using JAVA. I’m using .NET 2.0 and ActiveMQ 4.0. I used a message
listener for asynchronous communication. Client receives byte messages and
extracts the “content” and converts to string and display them in a text
box. That’s how the client works.
	Client works perfectly when message speed is low. But when number of
message coming from the producer exceeds 300 per second display speed in the
text box slows down rapidly after about 10 seconds. Mind you I have run the
producer and client in separate machines. When I ran both the producer and
the c# client this slowing down doesn’t occur. (Without using a listener I
developed the client with a while loop to receive messages. Then this
problem was not there. )
	If anyone can explain me what’s gone wrong and how to overcome this problem
it is highly appreciated.

Chanaka