activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject Durable topics question
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 08:00:28 GMT

Hi,

I am using a topic to publish to multiple clients. Since communication with
some of the clients may be intermittent, I want to use a durable topic, so
that messages will be kept for clients not connected at the moment of
publishing. However, here is my concern: some of my clients may be down for
a very long time (hours or even days). I assume topic durability is
implemented by storing messages in broker memory, and therefore, I am
concerned that as more and more messages accumulate in memory the broker
will be brought down, or will simply refuse to accept new messages until old
messages are delivered. I would like to know if there is any solution to
this issue, such as dumping messages to database after a while, so they are
available when the client finally shows up, but do not take up memory in the
meantime.

Thanks,
Naaman