activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: pom.xml for
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:15:09 GMT

> Hey Tim-
>
> Plz tell me how to create an issue and put the pom.xml file there then

You have to go here and create an account, and then you can create an
issue against the CMS stuff.
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ

> There is another change that is required, you are required to replace
the
> method vsnprintf (in ActiveMQException.cpp method buildMessage()) to
> _vsnprintf else it gives a compilation error.

I'm pretty sure that exists in VC 2003, its still there in 2005 but its
deprecated so you get a warning.  The _vsn stuff is another MS creation
and won't port to Linux....sigh

> Thanks for all the help.
>
> Rgds
>
> Lalit Nagpal
>

> tabish121 wrote:
> >

> >> Here are my findings for people new to C++ and trying to compile
> > activemq-
> >> cpp
> >> with vs .net 2003. If you are using maven for building the library
> > here
> >> are
> >> some inputs for you. I found out all this a very hard way and dont
> > want
> >> the
> >> other new comers to go the same way.
> >
> > Nice work.  Probably the most helpful thing would be for you to
create a
> > VC 2003 pom.xml in another folder like the one's that are already
there.
> > Since I don't have access to VC 2003 I can't really tell what works
and
> > what doesn't.  If you create an issue and attach a pom.xml for VC
2003 I
> > can get it into the SVN repo.
> >

> >> Make sure that the following are done
> >>
> >> 1. In win32-msvc folder file pom.xml , put the following tag in
> >> appropriate
> >> place
> >>         <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
> >> Since I have my project properties setting "Code generation" as
> >> "Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)".
> >> I should also compile the activemq-cpp library also in the
appropriate
> > way
> >> so i kept this tag under the
> >>     <profile>debug
> >> instead of the <profile>release
> >>
> >> 2. In the <compiler.options> tag add a switch /GR (note both are
upper
> >> case)
> >
> > Ah yes, forgot about that little bit of goodness from the older MSVC
> > products.
> >
> >> - this would enable RTTI ...
> >> Do this setting for both release and debug just to be in sync.
> >> if you dont put this on you run into the error rtti_object not
found

> >> 3. All the linking errors that come to you during compile with
maven
> > (mvn
> >> -e
> >> package command run under the win32-msvc directory)
> >> Will be gone if the above approach is followed.
> >>
> >> It basically is a miss - match if we dont keep the project settings
of
> > vs
> >> .net 2003 and the pom.xml compiler options in sync
> >> and can give really wierd results.
> >>
> >> Hope that would help the newcomers like me to avoid any wastage of
> > time.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Lalit Nagpal

> >> trying
> >> possible

> >> --

establishing-socket-connection---SocketException-tf2257720.html#a6281323
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >

> http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235994/pom_vc2003.xml pom_vc2003.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235994/pom_vc2003.xml pom_vc2003.xml
> --

establishing-socket-connection---SocketException-tf2257720.html#a6287741