activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: Can't build ActiveMQ - Unable to download the artifact
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:39:42 GMT

> What is that Maven is trying to do? What benefit is all this
complexity
> buying?

Maven is trying to download all the dependencies that the Application
you are trying to build needs so that you don't have too.  Who would of
thunk it, a build system that tries to make your life easier?

If the destination is unreachable then you can go to the site and get
the JAR file yourself and install it into you own local repo.  All of
which is documented at the Maven website.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html

> I was really only interested in ActiveMQ but I find myself now
wondering
> if the Apache people are playing a joke on the rest of the community
:-)

Are you just looking to install a Broker, there are builds available
here:
http://www.activemq.org/site/download.html

> "Hey, let's make a build system that G-d himself couldn't understand!"
> You know?

No actually it's, "Hey, let's make a build system that eliminates all
the work and tedium needed to build, test, and deploy an application."
But I can see how you could confuse the two.