activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Jamie McCrindle" <>
Subject Re: can i consume a particular message in the queue?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:54:59 GMT
Hi Stanley,

Having done something similar, I'd recommend using a database. Queues
are great for many things like load balancing, sending messages really
quickly and running persistent queries. They're not so great for doing
lookups for particular messages based on some criteria as neither the
messageId nor the message properties are indexed.

On 9/1/06, StanleyH <> wrote:
> hi, I need to consume/delete a particular message in the queue. I am using
> queuebrowser to iterate through each message and when the user wants to
> delete the message currently pointing by the iterator I create consumer with
> selector = that messageID? to consume it? are there better methods for doing
> it?
> I am trying to store a count for the number of times a message's been read
> by recipient too.  thanks for any help.
> --
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message