activemq-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Teira <mte...@tid.es>
Subject Re: QueueBridge and remote broker reconnections
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:08:42 GMT
Rob Davies escribió:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> this looks like a good catch! Would mind opening a jira on this - just
> so it's easier to track - I'll look at this as soon as I can
>
> cheers,

Thanks. Rob. I've been experimenting further, and have made some changes
to allow a DestinationBridge to get its Connections changed. I've
created the new abstract methods:

protected abstract void setConnectionForConsumer(Connection
consumerConnection);

protected abstract void setConnectionForProducer(Connection
producerConnection);

And implemented them into the subclasses QueueBridge and TopicBridge,
just checking the casting to the right java.jms.Connection subclasses.

Also, I've changed the abstract method restartProducerConnection of
JmsConnector to make it return the new connection and so, be able to
inject it back into the DestinationBridge making use of the new setter
methods.

Also a pair of changes in DestinationBridge onMessage method to manage
correctly (I expect) the (now attribute) variable 'attempt'.

I don't know if this is the path to follow, but it seems to work fine.
Anyway, I think that only *new messages* are being sent to the remote
bridged broker, and no the ones that were first tried during the remote
broker failure.

Regards.