activemq-users mailing list archives

From "C. Benson Manica" <at...@sdf.lonestar.org>
Subject Disable persistence
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:06:06 GMT
(I've read the FAQ, and I'm still lost...)

I've been trying to figure out how ActiveMQ works, and in the process
somehow I managed to enqueue several thousand messages.  I would like
to delete all those messages and start over from scratch, but I'm
having trouble figuring out how.  I figured that if I deleted the
dataDirectory for the persistenceAdapter that I would be fine, but
when I start the broker and connect to it I get flooded with all the
messages - i.e., deleting the persistence directory didn't work.  I
even commented out the persistence adapter code altogether, and I'm
not starting any process or thread that produces messages, either, so
I don't know where all the messages I'm getting could be coming from.
Do they get stored somewhere other than the dataDirectory?

--
C. Benson Manica
ataru(at)sdf.lonestar.org