activemq-users mailing list archives

From peter anderson <peter.ander...@egsgroup.com>
Subject Re: receiveNoWait problem
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:37:54 GMT
James Strachan <james.strachan@...> writes:

> Does the instantiation of the consumer servlet create the consumer?
> Once a consumer is created messages are dispatched asynchronously to
> it; so if you create a consumer then immediately call receiveNoWait()
> then its typically gonna return null.
>
> > Even if I leave a number of minutes between these events the messages
> > are still not being found. However running them in a debugger does work
> > which suggest receiveNoWait() is failing.
>
> Maybe its the debugger adds enough time between the createConsumer()
> call and the receiveNoWait()
>
> > p.s. are there any admin tools I could use to look at messages
> > in the queue ?
>
> Yes...
> http://activemq.org/site/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

James

Yes it does. I put in a 1 second delay and it now works fine.

At the moment I am running ActiveMQ from within Tomcat is this the
best thing to do ?

If not how would I access ActiveMQ from my servlets ?

p.s. in the application I would have 100s of destinations - would this
create a perfomance problem ?

Thanks for your help
Peter