activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad AMQ Linux performance
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:58:12 GMT
On 8/25/06, kaipa <alex.zaitsev@mtu-net.ru> wrote:

> No this does not work. If I specify tcpNoDelay option -- I can not connect to
> the broker.

Why, what's the error?

> Anyway, I doubt that it can make such a big difference.

I do otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to make the patch to the
code and then wrttien an email to you about it :)

This setting toggles on and off whether or not TCP waits for the
packet to fill up before its sent to the other process. Turning it on
and off can have a massive effect on performance (latency versus
throughput). You are seeing a latency issue.

> There is something
> else that blocks transactions. Note, if I turn transactions off --
> everything works fast on Linux as well.

Are you using persistence? If not I think the transactions are a bit
of a red herring as when using non persistence without transactions we
do everything asynchronous anyway. Persistent messaging should be
compariable in performance between transactions and no transactions.
--

James
-------