activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad AMQ Linux performance
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:11:32 GMT
BTW for the consumer tests, are there pleny of messages on the queue
before you start trying to consume? How does the performance differ
between linux and windows if you disable persistence?

The only real difference between the two - assuming things are not
CPU, network or IO bound is the performance of the disk writes.
Persistent sending/consuming of messages by default requires blocking
the client until the broker does a sync-to-disk of the journal.

Is the broker running on a local file system or a shared network drive?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/