activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .NET Client
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:58:30 GMT
On 8/24/06, kiwisurfer <ukkiwisurfer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Can you explain how this differs from the broker option?

The broker takes care of persistence and so forth automatically right
now. If there is some .Net specific way of doing with something
similar - as you appeared to hint at previously - then we could reuse
that feature, we'd just have to add support for that into the .Net
client.

> If the .NEt client could store the messages locally, but later a connection
> was established, who would be reponsible for forwarding the locally stored
> messages?

I thought you were saying that .Net already had support for persistent
queues for dealing with offline connectivity - if so that would take
care of this right? Otherwise currently the broker is the only option
we have.

> As far as I understand, the broker is responsible for managing the
> communication to other brokers, and forwarding messages.

Yes

--

James
-------