activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to restart ACTIVEMQ connection in spring framework
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:11:58 GMT
Sounds like you are just loosing a socket connection. How many
connections are you creating (use JMX to see this). Is there a bad
network or firewall in place that could be dropping sockets?

You may wanna use failover: to work around dropped sockets...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html

On 8/24/06, Balakumar Narayanasamy <balakumar1982@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 along with spring 1.2.2 framework and connection
> pooling is done by JCA.
>
> My application communicates to queue to pull and push message. My
> application sends thousands of messages to input queue and other application
> pulls from queue, do some processing and writes to another output queue. My
> application reads from output queue.
> This process works fine when i deal within thousand request.
> But when it goes beyond that i getting following exception
>
> [2006-08-24 02:57:56] [ERROR]
> org.springframework.jms.UNcategorizedJmsException: UNcategorized exception
> occured during JMS processing; nested exception is java.net SocketException:
> Broken pipe
>
> javax.jms.JMSException: Broken pipe
>    at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create
> (JMSExceptionSupport.java:57)
>    at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket
> (ActiveMQConnection.java:1118)
>    at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(ActiveMQConnection.java:1196)
>    at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.start(ActiveMQConnection.java:
> 412)
>

> --

James
-------