activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: INFO Service - Sync error occurred: java.lang.Ou
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:09:42 GMT
So set your heap to 1000M and your usageManager to 50M and it should
not run out of memory. If  it still does then you've not properly set
the heap size or something else is blowing the RAM usage in your
broker. Use JMX to see the heap size grow above 500M to check you have
the heap size setup correctly and run a profiler to find your memory
leak if you are still running out of heap.

On 8/24/06, pradeep <pradeepzmail@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sending messages using the method
> Messageproducer.send(message); By default, delivery mode is peristent right
> ?
> I am using Oracle database.
>
>  <bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
> destroy-method="close">>
>          <property name="driverClassName"
> value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
>           <property name="url"
> value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xxxx"/>
>           <property name="username" value="activemq"/>
>           <property name="password" value="xxxx"/>
>

>   </bean>
> Please help me.
> Thanks,
> Pradeep
>
> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > We cache things in RAM since consumers will typically need to read the
> > message too. BTW you're using persistent messaging right? You're
> > setting the PERSISTENT flag on the producer's delivery mode?
> >
> > Are you using Derby? You could switch to another JDBC driver to avoid
> > the in-RAM JDBC driver using up RAM too.
> >

> > On 8/24/06, pradeep <pradeepzmail@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> James,
> >>
> >> When using JDBC persistence I am seeing that the messages are stored in
> >> memory even after being persisted in database. They are not getting
> >> removed
> >> and this is resulting in outofmemory error.
> >> If I am not wrong, in case of JDBCpersistence adapter the messages will
> >> not
> >> be kept in memory after being written to the db ?
> >>
> >> Pradeep

> >> via

> >> =100kb)

> >> added

> >> http://www.nabble.com/INFO--Service--------------------------Sync-error-occurred%3A-java.lang.Ou-tf2152180.html#a5943593

> >> http://www.nabble.com/INFO--Service--------------------------Sync-error-occurred%3A-java.lang.Ou-tf2152180.html#a5959137

> >> --
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/