activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: INFO Service - Sync error occurred: java.lang.Ou
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:21:58 GMT
We cache things in RAM since consumers will typically need to read the
message too. BTW you're using persistent messaging right? You're
setting the PERSISTENT flag on the producer's delivery mode?

Are you using Derby? You could switch to another JDBC driver to avoid
the in-RAM JDBC driver using up RAM too.

On 8/24/06, pradeep <pradeepzmail@gmail.com> wrote:

> James,
>
> When using JDBC persistence I am seeing that the messages are stored in
> memory even after being persisted in database. They are not getting removed
> and this is resulting in outofmemory error.
> If I am not wrong, in case of JDBCpersistence adapter the messages will not
> be kept in memory after being written to the db ?
>
> Pradeep
>
> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > Incidentally you could disable the journal if you have limited RAM and
> > are happy to trade performance for lower RAM usage...
> >
> > use <jdbcPersistenceAdapter/> instead in your XML like this example
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jdbc-master-slave.html
> >
> > its much slower but doesn't require messages to be kept in RAM until a
> > checkpoint.
> >

> > On 8/24/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Are you sure you are definitely setting the Java heap size? e.g. its
> >> usually -Xmx1000m not -xmx etc. If you watch the broker in JMX do you
> >> see it using up 1Gb of RAM when you only have a 100Mb usage manager
> >> setting?
> >>
> >> Note that ActiveMQ uses a high performance journal so that messages
> >> are only evicted from RAM when a checkpoint to JDBC occurs, not the
> >> exact second that a message is consumed.
> >>
> >> So you are sending 1000 messages to 5 topics of 100K. So thats about
> >> 500Mb of messages. So I'd try set your memoryManager to be 800mb and
> >> your Java heap to be about 2000M and that should work - use JMX to see
> >> how much memory its using and how many messages get sent to the
> >> queues.

> >> work.

> >> already

> >> disonnected