activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: INFO Service - Sync error occurred: java.lang.Ou
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:14:05 GMT
Are you sure you are definitely setting the Java heap size? e.g. its
usually -Xmx1000m not -xmx etc. If you watch the broker in JMX do you
see it using up 1Gb of RAM when you only have a 100Mb usage manager
setting?

Note that ActiveMQ uses a high performance journal so that messages
are only evicted from RAM when a checkpoint to JDBC occurs, not the
exact second that a message is consumed.

So you are sending 1000 messages to 5 topics of 100K. So thats about
500Mb of messages. So I'd try set your memoryManager to be 800mb and
your Java heap to be about 2000M and that should work - use JMX to see
how much memory its using and how many messages get sent to the
queues.

On 8/24/06, pradeep <pradeepzmail@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks James.
> I am using 4.0.1. I tried lowering the memory to 100MB. It did not work.
> I increased the size to 400 MB, 800mb etc.
>
> It still gives me
> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:3116"
>
> Why doesn't ActiveMQ remove the messages from memory when it has already
> persisted messages into database. I am seeing  the memory problem in
> ActiveMQ and not other JMS server that I am evaluating.
> James, can you please help me here.
>
> Pradeep
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > FWIW if you use ActiveMQ 4.1 you can configure the memory limit via
> >
> > <usageManager limitMb="100"/>
> >
> > On 8/23/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> That memory limit looks a bit big; its about 7Gb I'd maybe set it to
> >> be around 100Mb insteead

> >> the

> >> long

> >> http://www.nabble.com/INFO--Service--------------------------Sync-error-occurred%3A-java.lang.Ou-tf2152180.html#a5943593