activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AJAX demo and session pooling
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:32:28 GMT
On 8/23/06, Markus Joschko <markus.joschko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I had a look at the ajax demo and find it quite interesting. I'm just
> wondering about the best approach to implement pooling (as the ajax demo is
> creating a new session & connection for each consumer and not getting them
> from a pool).

It needs to create a new connection & consumer for each new session.
You can't really pool consumers (in the way you'd pool producers or
JDBC connections etc)

To limit chattiness, you could deploy an ActiveMQ broker inside the
web application (and if need be network this broker to other brokers)

--

James
-------