activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .NET Client
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:19:41 GMT
On 8/23/06, kiwisurfer <ukkiwisurfer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi everyone. Is anyone able to tell me whether the .NET client will run on
> the Windows Compact Framework for .NET 2.0 (Pocket PC 2003 or greater) ?

Am not sure what the limitations are of the compact framework.

We generally rely on the following .Net packages if it helps...

System
System.Collections
System.IO
System.Net
System.Net.Sockets
System.Reflection
System.Runtime.InteropServices
System.Text
System.Threading

I guess the easiest way to know for sure if it does work or not is to
just try it :)

If you are on a really small device and want something really tiny and
low powered, writing a Stomp client might be a better option since you
just need to be able to read and write text to a socket.

--

James
-------