activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stomp Receipts
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:13:42 GMT
On 8/22/06, blueshed <pete@blueshed.co.uk> wrote:

> Because you're function waitForReceipt() cannot work if a message comes
> before a receipt if the subscription is activemq.prefetchSize=1 as the
> server will wait for an ack to the message before sending RECEIPT(SUBSCRIBE)
> and RECEIPT(ACK)! The server is waiting. RECEIPTs and ERRORs should be sent
> before MESSAGEs when the prefetch is 1 or not be part of the prefetch
> mechanism.
>
> Sorry to be confusing - it has been a long march for me to get to this
> point. Without this concept I cannot have a blocking send within a
> transaction where I handle both SEND and RECEIVE on the same thread.
> MESSAGE, ACK AND RECEIPT are all part of one message delivery as is
> SUBSCRIBE, RECEIPT before MESSAGE.

Am still a little confused here.

To create a single threaded blocking SEND, can't you send the message
then keep reading inbound commands until you find a RECEIPT for it -
putting any other inbound commands in a list to be processed after the
SEND is complete?

BTW are you trying to do request/response stuff here? If so I'd
recommend you create a subscription up front first before doing any
sending....

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

--

James