activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stopping Statistics Gathering
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:37:31 GMT
On 8/17/06, jevans12 <jevans12@harris.com> wrote:
> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 8/17/06, jevans12 <jevans12@harris.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is AMQ ALWAYS gathering statistics?
> >
> > Yes
> >
> >> Does the default of useJmx=false only
> >> stop the mbean interfaces being exposed?
> >
> > Yes.
> >

> >> Im running Spring + AMQ (embedded broker topo), we are using the Spring
> >> MBeanExporter to expose our own mbeans. Since AMQ defaults to
> >> useJmx=false,
> >
> > It defaults to useJmx=true currently

> >  http://activemq.org/site/broker-configuration-uri.html
> > http://activemq.org/site/broker-configuration-uri.html

Apologies, stale docs. I've updated them.

http://activemq.org/site/broker-configuration-uri.html

> >> our Spring config is actually exposing the AMQ mbeans along with
> >> up-to-date
> >> stats.
> >
> > How are you getting Spring to explose the MBeans automatically? e.g.
> > ActiveMQ creates lots of mbeans dynamically such as for each
> > conneciton, subscription, destination etc. How is Spring gonna expose
> > those?
> for interfaces to expose via JMX.

So firstly Spring won't find any annotations :). Secondly unless
you're doing some funky AOP bytecode weaving, Spring only sees the
POJOs created through Spring on startup such as the BrokerService; it
doesn't see the POJOs that are created during runtime such as
connections AFAIK.

> >> I would like to turn off completly the AMQ stats gathering, is this
> >> possible?
> >
> > Just out of interest - why?
> > I did a heap dump with instance data of at time t=30M and time t1=50M then
> > compared snapshots.
> > When i sorted high -> low on the diferences in memory the
> > activemq.management.*Stats classes were on top. THis is all very
> > preliminary.

It could depend on if you are looking at the client side (JMS client)
or the broker. The large numbers of instances could just be an effect
- such as that you are using huge numbers of
sessions/consumers/producers, or using lots of temporary destinations
without closing them down or something.

--

James
-------