activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stopping Statistics Gathering
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:46:45 GMT
On 8/17/06, jevans12 <jevans12@harris.com> wrote:

> Is AMQ ALWAYS gathering statistics?

Yes

> Does the default of useJmx=false only
> stop the mbean interfaces being exposed?

Yes.

> Im running Spring + AMQ (embedded broker topo), we are using the Spring
> MBeanExporter to expose our own mbeans. Since AMQ defaults to useJmx=false,

It defaults to useJmx=true currently

> our Spring config is actually exposing the AMQ mbeans along with up-to-date
> stats.

How are you getting Spring to explose the MBeans automatically? e.g.
ActiveMQ creates lots of mbeans dynamically such as for each
conneciton, subscription, destination etc. How is Spring gonna expose
those?

> I would like to turn off completly the AMQ stats gathering, is this
> possible?

Just out of interest - why?

I don't think its possible currently. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard
to patch the code to avoid this...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

--

James