activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maxInactivityDuration
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:57:26 GMT
On 8/17/06, massive.boisson <massive.boisson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, thanks, I think I follow.
>
> What worries me is what does inactive connection mean?

It just means a connection where the client isn't doing anything.

>  I want my connection
> to be open even though it is inactive. And stay open, as long as the client
> is still there.

Exactly - thats why the ActiveMQ client sends KeepAliveInfo messages
from time to time :)

If you are worried you can disable the maxInactivityTimeout so the
broker will never timeout a client unless it gets a socket death

> I guess maxInactivityDuration is exactly what I need. As long as client
> sends 'tiny little command' to broker, broker will consider it open.
> If it stops sending, it will know that client disappeared for some reason
> and I suppose perform some kind of cleaning.

Agreed.
--

James
-------