activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there currently a version that supports JMS priority id on Qs?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:09:28 GMT
On 8/16/06, cmose <cjmose@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a current snapshot that supports the correct behavior of message
> priority on a queue? I've got a july 26 snapshot of 4.1 that does not appear
> to support that functionality.

We don't automatically reoorder queues into priority order right now.
Though you can use selectors to for example have a pool of threads in
multiple JVMs which just process high priority messages - which is
often more predictable and safer than getting ActiveMQ to perform
reordering of temporary dispatch buffers etc.
--

James
-------