activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL with client authentification?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:08:42 GMT
It looks like that class can't be used properly with introspection as
it is not a valid JavaBean property as the getter is not called
isNeedClientAuth()

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLSocket.html#getNeedClientAuth()

it looks like we'll need to patch our introspector to deal with bad
bean properties or hand-craft the SSL transport to specifically deal
with this limitation.

On 8/9/06, lpfarris <lorenzofarris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I should also have mentioned that I was trying to use the url
> ssl://somehostname:61616?transport.socket.needClientAuth=true
>

> lpfarris wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to enable SSL client authentication. Throwing a few extra
> > logging statements into the snapshot release shows me I'm almost there.
> > When org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport is trying to
> > setNeedClientAuth(true) on the SSL server socket, I get the exception
> > (normally ignored):
> >
> > INFO  IntrospectionSupport           - java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
> > Class org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport can not access a
> > member of class com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl with modifiers
> > "public synchronized"
> >
> > Before I go coding up a new transport to work around this, I wonder if I
> > am missing something?
> >
> > I am running on a 2.6.9 linux kernel with Sun's java 1.5.0_06
> >
> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/