activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some very noob questions on running and configuring
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:27:03 GMT
On 8/9/06, cmose <cjmose@gmail.com> wrote:

> James,
> thanks very much - I appreciate the information. I know that this is more a
> jencks question then a activemq question, but if wire in a
> ConnectionFactory, and classes each create their own connections and
> sessions, how does that differ from using jencks (at least in those terms) -
> would I be correct in assuming that jencks just abstracts that out?

Yes.

e.g. Jencks will create more sessions & POJOs to deal with largef
message volume. You also have fine grained control over concurrency
(e.g. how many concurrent messages do you want to process for each
subscription) and can share thread pools across different
subscriptions.

Plus there's the transaction handling, XA and retry logic.

But if you are happy with a simplistic threading & pooling strategy,
don't need XA and are happy to write your own transaction handling and
retry code, by all means just use pure JMS yourself.
--

James
-------