activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQSession.createConsumer slow
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:09:24 GMT
On 8/9/06, Danilo Tuler <tuler@ideais.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My call to ActiveMQSession.createConsumer is very slow, taking up to 2
> seconds to responde.

That sounds like a slow internet link - or maybe the broker is overworked?

> The client and server are separated by an internet connection.
> The broker is being fed by a single producer on the same machine of the
> broker.
>
> Debugging the client code I see AMQ sends a synchronous message to the
> broker with the ConsumerInfo. And this is blocking the client. My
> application needs to subscribe to ~50 topics, but taking more than a minute
> to do that is unacceptable for me.
>
> Is this performance normal?

No - its very slow

> Is there any tweak or test I could make?

Pretty much all request-responses with the broker are about the same
in terms of time.

> Do you need any more info on my configuration?
>
> My debug call stack is below.

You could try subscribe to many destinations in one go using composite
destinations...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/composite-destinations.html

other than that all you can do is investigate your
network/hardware/firewall/proxies to see why request-response over
your network is so slow

--

James
-------