activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Leaving Messages in a Topic. Any ideas?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:31:38 GMT
BTW the MessageQuery feature is also useful - its an easy way to allow
you to add a query to send messages to new consumers to get them 'up
to speed' with other consumers.

see QueryBasedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy and MessageQuery

then to implement MessageQuery you could either use a Broker
Interceptor or create a consumer in the broker to maintain the
counters etc.

On 8/8/06, Hiram Chirino <> wrote:
> Sure.  Look at
> On 8/8/06, sparky2708 <> wrote:
> >
> > yes, calculation is very cheap. Just a sum.
> >
> >     What you describe is exactly what I would like to do (in an ideal case).
> > We were thinking of creating  a module that would attach to an ActiveMQ
> > broker so a crashed or recently started client would ask the module for the
> > sum and then start receiving messages from the JMS.
> >
> >     Although I think ultimately the above is doable but before we take the
> > hard road it would be interested to know how to track the sum at the broker?
> In activemq you add your own custom broker type interceptors.  Here's
> an example one:
> That example creates 'advisory' messages that get sent to a topic when
> connections/producers/consumers are created/destroyed.  The one bit
> that is similar to your case is that when a consumer for that advisory
> topic comes on, it sends that consumer all the events that it had
> missed so that it know about all the connected
> connection/consumers/producers.
> In your case I think you would just need to override the
> "send(ConnectionContext context, Message messageSend)" call to keep
> your counters.  Also override the " addConsumer(ConnectionContext
> context, ConsumerInfo info)" So that you can send a message to the
> consumer with the sum when he gets created.
> > I guess what I am trying to find out is where on the broker do you keep it
> > (that would be the ideal solution). Can you give me some examples or point
> > me to some documentation where I can read about this functionality?
> > --
> > Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at
> >

> --
> Regards,