activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of message selectors
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:04:47 GMT
> On 8/4/06, Jamie McCrindle <jamiemccrindle@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Hiram,
> >
> > I'll definitely look into that. How difficult do you think it would be
> > just to optimise the selector "JMSMessageID = '" + id + "'"?
> > presumably there are some hooks for that already (e.g. indexes in
> > db's)?
> >

> Yep.. you just need to add something the analyzes the selector and
> avoids the queue scan.  Geez this starting to should like DB.

I guess the part of the broker which replays all pending messages to a
new consumer on a queue needs to be changed to say - 'ah if the
consumer is only for a specific mesage ID then just replay that one
message'.

Maybe we just need a new operation on a broker to allow a specific
message ID to be consumed?
--

James
-------