activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveJMS & ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 02:42:40 GMT
On 8/3/06, sparky2708 <daa82@columbia.edu> wrote:
> I like the NMS API but we have not settled on whether we are going to use
> ActiveMQ or another JMS provider. Although ActiveMQ is at the top of the
> list I wanted to have a way to switch easily to another JMS should
> management decide to buy a commercial version of or use other opensource
> messaging systems. Isn't NMS tightly linked to ActiveMQ? Will it work with
> other JMS providers?

NMS is just a set of C# interfaces so it could be implemented however
you wish - though there's no other implementation right now.

If you want to keep JMS provider neutral using IKVM might be a better
option - turning the Java JMS client into a .Net binary...
http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/csteen/archive/2004/08/20/22813.aspx

--

James
-------