activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with prefetch buffer.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:34:50 GMT
BTW your consumers are all created in different Sessions right? If you
create all consumers in one session then by the JMS specification only
1 consumer will be processed at once.

These days on modern linuxes you can create 1000s of sessions and
consumers to get great load balancing and concurrency on a queue. But
always create consumers in different sessions otherwise they bascially
single thread.

--

James
-------