activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with prefetch buffer.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:14:42 GMT
Transacted sessions should do the trick - with a prefetch of 1. The
only issue could be if you are creating consumers and not using them.
e.g. creating a MessageConsumer and not calling receive() on it. So
I'd recommend using the async mode (setting the MessageListener) so
you don't forget to use a message consumer you've created.

Does watching the system via JMX help you to understand what is
happening? e.g. which consumers get which messages & so forth?

On 8/1/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Vadim.Pesochinskiy@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> I am using transacted sessions, yet this is what I see. Every time there is a
> long job, e.g. 5 min 20 sec, next message this consumer processes has the
> queue wait time of 5 min 20 sec. What can I try to make it work?
> CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE? Thanks.
> --

James
-------