activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Exception When All Servers in Failover Fail
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:10:07 GMT
On 8/1/06, SndMndBdy <adam.salem@alliancebernstein.com> wrote:

> The trouble with the transport listener is that I only get alerted when a
> server goes up or down - you don't know which server it was or which were
> originally up when you connected.  The best possible test you could have
> here is when you get a TransportInterrupted, if you don't get a
> TransportResumed within a few seconds, throw the error.

In that case you could just plug in your own TransportListener to do
that. i.e. if the transport is down for more than X seconds then both
servers must be down etc.

> I am looking for a purely informational exception, so I think
> extending/altering the FailoverTransport is probably the best way to go,
> although I was hoping to not have to do this.

If you submit a patch to put in whatever hooks you want we could
include it in the distro...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

--

James