activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Exception When All Servers in Failover Fail
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:20:41 GMT
On 8/1/06, SndMndBdy <adam.salem@alliancebernstein.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When a client listens on a TCP transport for messages, it receives a
> java.net.SocketException when the server goes down.  When listening on a
> failover transport to two TCP transports (ie
> "failover://(tcp://serverA:61616,tcp://serverB:61616)?randomize=false"),
> even if both servers go down, no exception is thrown to the client.  Is this
> the intended behavior?

Yes. You can also add a TransportListener to an ActiveMQConnection to
know when exceptions occur or when the transport is suspended/resumed

>  If so, is there any way for me to have the client
> receive an exception if all of the servers in a failover transport go down?

Not easily no. You could just make the transport fail after connecting
N times to all available servers - that would do what you need?

If its purely informational notifications you are after a little
refactoring of the FailoverTransport could generate events to indicate
all servers are temporarily unavailable.

--

James
-------