activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: recieve replies into clients temp queue
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:49:51 GMT
On 8/1/06, Paul French <> wrote:
> I have activeMQ running on a dedicated machine. I have lots of clients
> sending messages to a permanent queue.
> The clients require replies to these messages. I know I need to create a
> temp queue for each client and set the "jms reply to" to the temp queue so
> replies can be routed back and use the JMS correlation ID to match the
> request with the response but how do I do this?

You can use a non-temporary queue if you wish and just use a consumer
with a correlationID / header selector to receive the right respones.

Just use session.createTemporaryQueue() to create a temporary queue.

> I know I am basically doing what Lingo would do but I cannot use Lingo for
> technical reasons.

Looking at the implementation code for the Requestor in Lingo might
help you figure out how to do it via the JMS API

> Also when the temp queue is created where is it created, on the client or
> activeMQ broker machine?

The queue only really exists on the broker (for the duration of the
clients connection) though there is a Queue object created on the
client which is really like the URLclass  - its effectively a name of
a destination but it isn't the implementation of it

View raw message