activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Discovery and server affinity
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:54:29 GMT
Best bet is to modify/extend the DiscoveryTransport.  It seems to me
that what you want to do is somehow add logic that sorts the list of
brokers discovered by the DiscoveryAgenet based on your affinity
rules.  And disable random broker selection in the failover transport
that the the discovery transport uses.

On 8/11/06, cmose <cjmose@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiram,
> thanks for the information, so basically, if using discovery, a client could
> connect to any broker in that discovery "net" correct?
>
> I haven't looked at the source code at all thus far, but if wouldn't mind
> posting where in it that functionality might lie I *might* be able to find
> the time to take a peak (if you happen to know off hand).
> Thanks!
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > That logic has not been built in yet.  Please send us a patch if you
> > do implement it!
> >
> > On 8/11/06, cmose <cjmose@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> No one has an answer to this? I can't seem to find any details in the
> >> docs
> >> regarding this....
> >> thanks.

> >> select
> >> affinity,
> >> >

> >> --
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com