activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Compression from provider to consumer
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:08:27 GMT
On 8/9/06, jhakim <jawaid.hakim@codestreet.com> wrote:

> Is compression of payload done only from publisher to JMS provider or all the
> way from publisher to JMS provider to consumer?

publisher compresses and the consumer decompresses.  Broker just moves
around a byte[] payload (he does not care if it's compressed or not).

> If the answer is (as I would prefer it to be) that compression of message
> body is done all the way from publisher to client, then the follow up

Yep.

> question is whether or not compression is available (using NMS) if the
> publisher is a Java process and the consumer is a C# process.

I don't think the C# client supports payload compression and
decompression yet.  This is one of the reasons that compression is off
by default.  Anybody know of .NET has gzip compression algorithms
included in the platform APIs?

> --

Regards,
Hiram