activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Leaving Messages in a Topic. Any ideas?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 02:42:37 GMT
Hi sparky.. is the calculation cheap to do?

You might want to keep track of the sum at the broker.  and when a new
client connects the server can just send it the sum.  We do something
similar with advisory messages.

If not, they you can always use retroactive consumers and a properly
configured redelivery policy.  See:
http://activemq.com/site/retroactive-consumer.html

Regards,
Hiram

On 8/7/06, sparky2708 <daa82@columbia.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there was some way to store messages on the ActiveMQ
> server. Let me clarify. Suppose you were keeping track of a sum of numbers
> and each number arrived in a message. Here is how it would work:
>
> 1. Some producer would constantly publish the numbers throughout the day
>
> 2. A number of consumers that are listening to the producer in #1 keep
> summing up the numbers. If some consumer goes down or one comes up it needs
> to be able to get the current sum since the beginning of the day (let's say,
> since 12:00:01am) so it needs to be able to replay all the messages since
> the beginning of the day to catch-up.
>
> Any ideas on how this could be accomplished using ActiveMQ?
> --

Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com