activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with prefetch buffer.
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:39:53 GMT
I Vadim.  I see now.  You are actually creating multiple consumers right?

The only way it will work is if you crate only 1 consumer per server.
The x server would be subscribe to something like:
  new ActiveMQQueue("FIN.BIG.MEDIUM.SMALL");
and the y servers would subscribe to
  new ActiveMQQueue("FIN.>");

And you publishers would send small messages to: FIN.BIG.MEDIUM.SMALL
medium messages to: FIN.BIG.MEDIUM
and big ones to: FIN.BIG

The thing is each server only has 1 consumer with 1 prefetch.

On 8/3/06, Vadim Pesochinsky <Vadim.Pesochinskiy@mscibarra.com> wrote:

> Hiram,
>
> You got it exactly right! This is exactly what I do. The problem is that the
> y servers (for either jobs) are holding messages in prefetch buffer. When
> there are a lot of long jobs they do not have time to check on the real-time
> queue, which keeps messages in their prefetch buffer. Thanks.
> --

Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com