activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:23:52 GMT
On 8/2/06, jcarreira <jcarreira@gmail.com> wrote:

> The virtual destination sounds interesting. If I have several boxes in a
> cluster, each mapping the virtual topic to the physical queue, will I end up
> with duplicate messages in the queue?

Yes.  You have to make sure that the messages sent to the
'Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>' destination are not forwarded.  This can
be done by configuring the network connector something like:

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
      	<excludedDestinations>
   	  <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
      	</excludedDestinations>
      </networkConnector>
    </networkConnectors>

I've updated http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Virtual+Destinations
to  include this information.

> Also, the configuration shown on the virtual destination page seems out of
> date... at least, the destinationInterceptors element doesn't show up in the
> XSD I've got from a few days ago. Is there another way to do this, or is the
> XSD out of date?

Chances are it's out of date.

> --

Regards,