activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Albert Strasheim" <full...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven build error from SVN build
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:57:00 GMT
Hello all

I'm trying to build ActiveMQ using Maven for the first time.

I'm running into the following error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexu
s-archiver/1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-snapshots
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/codehaus/plexus/ple
xus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexu
s-archiver/1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/codehaus/plexus/ple
xus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-archiver:jar:1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT
from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

I'm guessing I need to add a repository so that Maven can find
plexus-archiver. A likely candidate seems to be:

http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver
/

Is this what one is supposed to do? If so, it would be helpful if the
Building page on the ActiveMQ site mentioned this. If not, I'm guessing the
Apache repository might be out of date or missing some files. Is this the
case? Apache's m2-snapshot-repository doesn't seem to contain any Codehaus
resources.

Thanks!

Regards,

Albert