activemq-users mailing list archives

From chanaka <>
Subject 4.1 Master/Slave
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:58:36 GMT

AMQ Version: 4.1-incubator-20060821

Problem: Producer hangs in createConnection().

(broker1) and 61620 (broker2) , configured for jdbc master/slave. My xml
config is attached (AMQBrokerTest.devenv2.xml). From the logs I can see that
broker 1 is master and broker 2 is slave.

Now, when I start my consumer (ConsumerTool) and producer (ProducuerTool) in
that order, using durable subscriptions, producer hangs in createConnection
method. Output from kill -3 is attached (producer.out).  Clients connect to
the brokers using the following url.

However, if I switch broker end points in the above url to have the slave
broker first, producer works fine.

Also, I am seeing the same behavior (that it hangs when the url has master
end point before slave, and it works otherwise) when the brokers are setup
to use the "shared file system master slave".

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Many thanks.

Chanaka producer.out
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at