activemq-users mailing list archives

From grudi <gr...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Oracle Persistant Journal
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:31:48 GMT

We also are running the journal on Oracle and the number of Oracle processes
(which translates into connections) getting created is very high (up to
1000, our limit). We use AMQ 3.2. We discoverd, that the processes were
created when subscribing to a Topic out of a GUI Application. Each instance
of the  Application subscribes to approx 20 Topics. When you are closing one
instance of the GUI Application, the Oracle processes (connections) are not
getting released. Is each subscription to one Topic creating one Oracle
connection? How can this be avoided and are the connections getting released
automatically when unsubsricbing to a Topic?