activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anders Bengtsson <>
Subject RE: Paging support
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:23:10 GMT

pradeep wrote:
> Well James also mentioned that there must be consumers running. If
> consumers are running millions of messages should work. The case we are
> talking about is when there are no consumers running and they don't want
> to miss messages so they register for durable subscrptions.

Yes, that's exactly the case I'm talking about. But I didn't interpret James
as requiring running consumers when he said "preloading a queue with
millions of messages with a small heap of 64Mb and then consuming them all".

(I tried an evaluation version of SwiftMQ yesterday, which dealt nicely with
millions of pending messages in a topic. We'll probably go with that unless
this issue magically turns out to be a simple configuration issue or

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message