activemq-users mailing list archives

From F-kris <enty...@hotmail.com>
Subject mySQL Too many connections
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:52:51 GMT

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ 4.1 and mySQL 5. I use persistence messaging :

<persistenceAdapter>
   <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../activemq-data"
dataSource="#mysql-ds" useJournal="true">
<adapter><bytesJDBCAdapter/></adapter>
   </journaledJDBC>
</persistenceAdapter>

When I want to consume one message with only one consumer, I see hundreds of
connections to the mySQL server, and an exception is thrown while trying to
consume messages :

Exception caught: javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.IOException: Failed to
broker message: ID: xxxx-xxx-xxxx-x:x:x:x:x in container:
java.io.IOException: Data source rejected establishment of connection,
message from server: "Too many connections"
javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.IOException: Failed to broker message:
ID:xxxx-xxx-xxxx-x:x:x:x:x in container: java.io.IOException: Data source
rejected establishment of connection,  message from server: "Too many
connections"
	at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:45)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1118)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java:1667)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.<init>(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:196)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(ActiveMQSession.java:840)
	at org.apache.

Does anyone know why?