activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anders Bengtsson <ndrsbngt...@yahoo.se>
Subject Re: Paging support
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:20:58 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> We do a similar thing. e.g. we regularly test ActiveMQ by preloading a
> queue with millions of messages with a small heap of 64Mb and then
> consuming them all.

What kind of configuration do you use for that? Would topics behave
differently?

I'm trying to put lots of messages on a topic with a disconnected durable
subscriber. With ActiveMQ 4.0.1 in the default configuration the producer
blocks after a few thousand messages.
Giving it lots and lots of memory lets it receive some more messages, but at
a few tens of thousands of messages it will block again.

Do you have to configure the journal or JDBC persistance somehow to avoid
this limitation?