activemq-users mailing list archives

From wizard <andre.fontes.mira...@gmail.com>
Subject Topic message
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:27:42 GMT

Hi, I'm new to amq, so I have a basic question, I guess.

I've created a queue, with a producer and a consumer, and I was able to send
messages, and keep them in queue.

Now I've changed to using a topic, and I still send and receive messages,
but the behaviour has changed: when I produce a message and the consumer is
running, it instantly gets the message. But when I produce a message and the
consumer isn't running, I seem to lose the message, because when I connect
the consumer, it doesn't read any message at all, and my queue size is
always 0.

Is this how topics are supposed to work? What is wrong?