activemq-users mailing list archives

From wizard <>
Subject Topic message
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:27:42 GMT

Hi, I'm new to amq, so I have a basic question, I guess.

I've created a queue, with a producer and a consumer, and I was able to send
messages, and keep them in queue.

Now I've changed to using a topic, and I still send and receive messages,
but the behaviour has changed: when I produce a message and the consumer is
running, it instantly gets the message. But when I produce a message and the
consumer isn't running, I seem to lose the message, because when I connect
the consumer, it doesn't read any message at all, and my queue size is
always 0.

Is this how topics are supposed to work? What is wrong?
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message