activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: steps to execute the C++ sample
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:38:28 GMT

> Tim .... that was great help.
> although still i ran into all these errors ... dont know why.
>
> error C2039: 'AutoAcknowledge' : is not a member of 'cms::Session'
> e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\Session.h(36) : see declaration of
> 'cms::Session'
> error C2039: 'NONPERSISTANT' : is not a member of 'cms::Message'
>  e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\Message.h(33) : see declaration of
> 'cms::Message'
> error C2065: 'AutoAcknowledge' : undeclared identifier
> error C2065: 'NONPERSISTANT' : undeclared identifier
> error C2259: 'HelloWorldConsumer' : cannot instantiate abstract class
> due to following members: 'void cms::MessageListener::onMessage(const
> cms::Message *)' : pure virtual function was not defined
> e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\MessageListener.h(46) : see
declaration
> of
> 'cms::MessageListener::onMessage'
> error C2664: 'cms::Session::createProducer' : cannot convert parameter
1
> from 'cms::Destination' to 'const cms::Destination *' No
> user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this
> conversion,
> or the operator cannot be called
> error C2664: 'void cms::MessageProducer::send(cms::Message *)
> throw(cms::CMSException)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from
> 'cms::TextMessage' to 'cms::Message *'
> No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this
> conversion, or the operator cannot be called
>

> Am i using a wrong version or something.

If you've got the latest SVN installed you should be all set.

It sort of seems like you are either missing some files, or there is
still some setting that is not quit right.

One of the things you can look at us the pom.xml in the win32-msvc
folder.  This file shows the compiler settings that you need.  There are
some #defines that have to go into your projects preprocessor settings
which you will see in this file.  Also there are VS2005 project files in
src/main and src/test that you can look at, the newer studio files are
saved in a pretty readable xml format now.

The first thing I would do is try and create a Dev Studio project that
just build the activemq-cpp lib into a static lib, once you get that
part figured out, you can create an app that links in that library.

If you install maven you can build the lib using the maven pom.xml that
is included.  There are instructions in the Readme file.

I can't give you an exact answer since I don't have Studio 2003 to try
it in.  I use the free Visual Studio 2005 Express package, which is a
little different.

Timothy A. Bish
Sensis Corporation