activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: steps to execute the C++ sample
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:23:07 GMT
> I was trying to runt he cpp client code given on
> http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-client.html
>
> I am getting errors for each include in the code. It cant locate the
> classes.
> I am using VS .Net 2003 VC++ compiler  ...

I had to add several paths in VC2005 to get it to compile.  It couldn't
even find windows.h, which gave me a chuckle.  I added these to my
project to build the library.  (Adjust to your own env)

C:\Eclipse\ActiveMQ\activemq-cpp\src\main
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include"

These are to run the test cases.  If you are not running the test cases
then you don't need cppunit.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
--- Optional
C:\Apps\cppunit-1.11.6\include
--- End Optional
C:\Eclipse\ActiveMQ\activemq-cpp\src\main
C:\Eclipse\ActiveMQ\activemq-cpp\src\test

> I got the source code downloaded from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-cpp/
>
> I cant understand how to include these files to my project path so
that
> the
> compile and build works for me.
>
> I am a newbie to both C++ and ActiveMQ

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.  Good Luck!

Timothy A. Bish
Sensis Corporation
5717 Enterprise Parkway
East Syracuse, NY 13057