activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: Auto-testing and deploying the NMS and CMS distros (was Re: Extra Spaces in Text Messages received through OpenWire.NET
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:24:32 GMT
One of the issues that we will run into is that the Maven Native plugin
is really not designed to do much more than build JNI stuff.  It doesn't
as far as I can tell support running tests.

The other issue that I see is that if you want to start packaging
binaries than there will be an explosion of versions for all the various
platforms and compilers.  On windows you'd need one for VC2005 and one
for older versions because of the change in versions of the MSVCRT.dll.
You'd need one for each of the multiple Solaris platforms as things
built on 8 don't work on 10, and not on 9 some of the times,  Solaris
can use the Sun compiler or the GNU compiler...   Course on Linux
everything would probably just work, you got to love Linux.

So if we are going to go this route than a coherent plan for what we
will and won't support needs to be addressed.

It would really be great if we could expand the Maven Native plugin, or
create a newer version that is more C++ application centric.  I've
thought about starting such a task be so far my free time is too limited
at the moment to start it  :(

I'd love to move our C and C++ application here at work to a Maven build
system, but so far I haven't been able to convince anyone to pay me to
do the work that is needed to get us there :)

Timothy A. Bish
Sensis Corporation

Re:
> Extra Spaces in Text Messages received through OpenWire.NET
>
> For CMS how should we go about making builds for various platforms?
It