activemq-users mailing list archives

From kaipa <alex.zait...@mtu-net.ru>
Subject Bad AMQ Linux performance
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:53:32 GMT

Hi,

I've read through archives and found that some people experience the same
problem but there were no solution. Tests work great fast on Windows Laptop
but unbarely slow on Linux server.

- I have the standard configuration from Latest AMQ release (4.*). The only
difference that I have tried Kaha persistence that works much faster than
JDBCJournal. I tried JDBCJournal as well -- perfomance difference is the
same.
- I use tcp transport
- Queue is persistent
- Session is transactional

First pair of tests commit session after every message. Second pair commit
after all messages are sent or received. I am especially concerned about
first pair that is too slow.

Windows:

Testing QService.sendMessage()
500 ops 453ms
Average speed: 1103 ops/s

Testing QService.consumeMessage()
500 ops 484ms
Average speed: 1033 ops/s

Testing QService.sendMessageNoCommit()
500 ops 188ms
Average speed: 2659 ops/s

Testing QService.consumeMessageNoCommit()
500 ops 125ms
Average speed: 4000 ops/s

Linux:

     [java] Testing QService.sendMessage()
     [java] 500 ops 22290ms
     [java] Average speed: 22 ops/s

     [java] Testing QService.consumeMessage()
     [java] 500 ops 40366ms
     [java] Average speed: 12 ops/s

     [java] Testing QService.sendMessageNoCommit()
     [java] 500 ops 926ms
     [java] Average speed: 539 ops/s

     [java] Testing QService.consumeMessageNoCommit()
     [java] 500 ops 1017ms
     [java] Average speed: 491 ops/s

I suspect it is something with activemq io libraries. Java web services work
fine on the same server, the problem is only with activemq.

Please, advise where I can look into