activemq-users mailing list archives

From vrmerlin <fishe...@llnl.gov>
Subject faileded startup on new install
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 02:33:13 GMT

I'm new to ActiveMQ and trying to get things up and going with the default
setup. My first install when great -- I unzipped the file and fired up
activemq.bat and things went great. I was able to get a demo application
working fine.

However, on a second computer I did the same steps, but when I run
activemq.bat, I get a nasty error message I don't understand. I've included
it below. Can somebody help me with explain how to get around this?

Thanks,
John

C:\activemq\bin>activemq
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\activemq\bin\..
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0.1 JMS Message Broker
(localhost) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
Broker. Reason: java.io.IOException: Failed
to create database 'derbydb', see the next exception for details.
java.io.IOException: Failed to create database 'derbydb', see the next
exception for details.
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:42)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.TransactionContext.getConnection(TransactionContext.java:58)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.createAdapter(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:229)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getAdapter(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:213)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:139)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.start(JournalPersistenceAdapter.java:216)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:930)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:888)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:458)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:361)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:43)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowi
reCapableBeanFactory.java:1059)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
leBeanFactory.java:363)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListable
BeanFactory.java:275)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:320)
        at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:158
)
        at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:48)

        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:56)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:81)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:46)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:49)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:64)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:49)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:45)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:135)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: SQL Exception: Failed to create database 'derbydb', see the next
exception for details.
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.createDatabase(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.TransactionContext.getConnection(TransactionContext.java:54)
        ... 31 more
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationE
xception: Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class path
resource [a
ctivemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.io.IOException: Failed to create database 'derbydb
', see the next exception for details.
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.
apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class path resource
[activemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to create database
'derbydb', see the next exception for details.
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ Message Broker (localhost,
null) is shutting down
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector default Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector default Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector stomp Stopped
INFO  VMTransportFactory             - Shutting down VM connectors for
broker: localhost
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(localhost, null) stopped
C:\activemq\bin>